Thursday, January 27, 2011

Too hip for Edmonds?

I went with my managers, Devin and John, to get drinks at Demetri's Woodstone Taverna after work today. We were fortunate enough to get in during their happy hour.

Demetri's is in downtown Edmonds, on the east side of the train tracks by the ferry terminal in the same building as Caffe Vita. Because of it's location, parking is a little difficult to find.

My initial thought when I walked in was "...interesting..." The first thing that we noticed when we walked in were copper(-looking) curtains hanging as partitions though out the restaurant. They looked like the metal curtains that are in fireplaces. It was kind of weird. Other than that, the interior is pretty nice; they've got some pretty comfortable booths, and gorgeous little tables large enough for your drink and maybe one plate.

Their beer selection was decent, I personally had Mac and Jack's African Amber and Diamond Knot IPA, but I know that they had a few other's that I would have gladly drank. Their food was not bad. John and I both had mac and cheese with bacon, which was just okay. It suffered most from a lack of anything interesting. The only thing that I ever really tasted was the bacon, and there wasn't nearly enough bacon in it to make that a good thing. I also had an order of baked feta, but what can you really do wrong with that? It was served with some baked flat bread that they baked there, which was pretty good.

On the whole, my biggest complaint was just that Demetri's may be entirely too hip for downtown Edmonds. The beer was good, the food wasn't bad and they're still pretty new, so they deserve some time to figure things out, but Demetri's might just be in the wrong place for me to be hopeful about their future.

No comments:

Post a Comment