Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Clay Pit

Last night I went to dinner with my dad at a restaurant that he's been telling me about for a while. The restaurant was the Clay Pit, and the food was phenomenal.


I had tandoori chicken and rack of lamb, and I couldn't have enjoyed it more. As far as I'm concerned, properly-cooked lamb is the king of all meats, and this was the emperor. Everything was exquisitely tender and flavorful. We had some pretty great conversation over the course of dinner, but had to stop talking every time either one of us took a bite of our lamb, it just felt wrong to do anything but savor the experience.

Our dinners were accompanied by a 2005 merlot from Columbia Crest Grand Estates, which was excellent. It had a very smooth, velvety finish with some nice chocolate and cherry notes, as well as what seemed like a hint of vanilla on the finish.

On the whole, it was a great evening. The food was great, and the atmosphere and service left nothing to be desired. If you're ever in the Mill Creek area and have a hankering for incredible Indian cuisine, I'd highly recommend giving the Clay Pit a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment