Friday, March 30, 2012

Ballin' on a budget

"Ballin' on a budget" can mean one of two things, and since I haven't hooped since I was 14 (although I have been trying to play soccer more often), I'm using the less literal meaning. In this use, ballin' on a budget means doing the most with the least. It's a concept that I try to apply in all aspects of life, but find it especially representative of my personal style.

On a limited budget, I can't always afford to buy designer brands or to follow the latest trends. Instead, I put in a little more work to find treasures hidden in thrift stores and clearance racks. I also make an effort to buy timeless, classic pieces. However, after years of this approach, I've put together quite the collection of clothing; honestly, probably too much. At a certain point, too many choices can be overwhelming, and you find yourself wearing the same things over and over.

In an attempt to solve all of my problems, I'll be embarking on a little project for the month of April. I will be attempting to make better use of my wardrobe by using more of it. For the month of April, I will try to wear a different outfit every day. The rules will be simple: no repeats. I'll try to post what I'm wearing and how things are progressing for each day of this project.

This project seems like a fun/interesting/effective way to not only make better use of the things that I already own, but to get rid of the things that I don't use and to make room for new things. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. I'll try to keep it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment